This course is given at University of Nantes in the first year of the Data Mining and Knowledge Management Erasmus-Mundus master (DMKM). See http://www.em-dmkm.eu/ for more info.
It is coordinated by Yannick Prié at the University of Nantes. It is aimed at master's students with a scientific background.
The program is the following
- Knowledge production and scientific publishing
- Paper reading and writing
- Searching for scientific material
- Research landscape (mostly french), being a researcher
- Future of science
- Patents and information retrieval
- Tutored sessions
- Searching for scientific material, managing references
- Writing papers with Latex and Bibtex
- Writing presentations
- Reviewing papers for a conference program commitee
- Writing a paper on the "Future of science" and presenting it in front of an audience